#Neymar : I don’t know if I’ll ever reach the level of #Ronaldo or #Messi

By: goal.com

The 22-year-old is seen as one of the brightest
young players in the world and is in fine form but
has fears that he will never reach the same
heights as other stars of the game

Neymar has admitted that he may never be as
good as Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Barcelona and Real Madrid icons have been
at the pinnacle of world football for the last few years, having won six Fifa Ballons d'Or between them and one of them is expected to lift the individual accolade again when the 2014 winner is announced in January.

Neymar is seen as one of the brightest young talents in the game at the moment and has been bright this season for Barcelona, scoring 14 and setting up three in 18 Liga and Champions
League appearances.

However, the 22-year-old has doubts that he has
the potential to reach the same level as his Barca
team-mate or the Portuguese attacker.
"I don’t know if I’ll ever reach the level of Cristiano or Messi," he told Globoesporte .

"They are better than any other player on the planet today. I don’t know if I’ll reach their level
but I aim to improve every day. I always want to
better myself.

"Everything takes time. I’m growing each day.
Coming to Europe has been a great experience.

I was happy in Santos, but I wanted a fresh
challenge and I hope to keep being happy."

The youngster was recently made captain of the
Brazil team by new coach Dunga, replacing Thiago Silva as the team's leader and he hopes
to repay the boss' faith.

"I don’t know why Dunga chose me," he added.

"It’s a difficult question to answer. I don’t like
talking about my defects or positive qualities.

"If he chose me than I can only be grateful and
he will have his reasons. I’m happy with the
responsibility and want to do well in the role."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching on Ẹ̀rìndínlógún (16 Cowrie Shells of the Orisa Tradition ) - Baba Odùdúwà

Why your IFA is not working after IFA initiation (Itẹlodu).