BECKHAM ENJOYS OLD TRAFFORD RETURN

David Beckham was a proud man and still buzzing after the UNICEF 'Match for Children' took place at his former home Old Trafford on Saturday.
The ex-Manchester United idol played a key role in Great Britain and Ireland's 3-1 victory over the Rest of the World and enjoyed another special occasion at the Theatre of Dreams.
"It was amazing," declared Beckham. "It doesn't get any better than that. A full house for a great cause. Today was always going to be special. It's been a long journey over the last nine days. We set out to play seven games in seven continents - I wanted to do it in seven days but it was pushing it! 

"We achieved what we wanted to, raised a lot of money and shone a light on a great cause to help children around the world. I want to thank the fans, players and managers involved today for their support. Without that, it's very difficult to raise the money that we have. It's been an incredible day."
Beckham was asked if there were any doubts about the game going ahead after the terrible atrocities in Paris.
"There was a slight concern," he said. "It was devastating to see the scenes we saw but, unfortunately, we see it around the world. I understand why Zinedine Zidane decided not to play. I think he was very respectful to me and to everything. He promised that he'd come over and play but I totally understand. He's a friend first off and a very passionate man. What happened hit him very hard. On behalf of myself and everyone involved, we all send our condolences to everyone affected in Paris."
Beckham was a proud father after he was able to play alongside son Brooklyn in the closing stages of the game.
"He did alright!" he smiled. "One of my lasting memories of playing here was winning the Premier League and walking around with Brooklyn when he was 18 months old. I was very proud. He's 16 now and a bit difficult to get on my shoulders!
"Thankfully, the manager agreed it was something we should do. It was special. I wasn't expecting to go back on, play with him and pass to him but Sol [Campbell] got injured. It was amazing. 
"He loves photography and he loves football as well. We'll see [which profession he takes up]. He did well for the 15 minutes. His first cross was great and his corner onto his dad's head - I've never been any good with my head!
"He did well. I say to my children, if they have a passion for something, and he loves football but has passion for photos too."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching on Ẹ̀rìndínlógún (16 Cowrie Shells of the Orisa Tradition ) - Baba Odùdúwà

Why your IFA is not working after IFA initiation (Itẹlodu).