Mourinho: Every decision is going against Chelsea

Jose Mourinho has broken his self-imposed vow of silence to hit out at
referees and insist that "every decision is going against" Chelsea.

Mourinho did not speak in public for a full week after being charged by the FA over his assertion that there was a "campaign" against his side in the aftermath of the 1-1 draw with Southampton.

However, he addressed the media on Friday and revealed that he decided not to speak in public due to his fear of being punished again, though he went on to criticise the Premier League’s match officials once more and hit out at supposed double
standards.

"Now I can control myself, a week ago I couldn’t," he told reporters. "It would have put myself under
bigger problems. It was a good decision. Now I can smile and control my words.

"I am not hopeful of appealing the charge. I am not interested. I will do my work and forget about it. I
think I have no chance of contesting that or winning Manager of the Month.

"We are not against the referees. We understand the job is not easy. I’m happy to admit my mistakes, so when I spoke with Kevin Friend after
the FA Cup game with Watford and realised it was my mistake and not his, I was more than happy to
apologise.

"There are no problems. Every decision is going against us and results have been affected by that.
Far from us, very far from us, to put any doubt about the honesty of the people."

He continued: "I’ll tell you a good example. Was it a penalty in the game Stoke against Man United? The Chris Smalling handball.

Everybody thinks so. Did you see big noise around it? I didn’t.
"Would you think such a penalty against Chelsea would have a reaction in the media and with
managers in the same way as that reaction? I don’t think so.

After that the reaction would be double or treble, so obviously a referee needs to feel free, relaxed and with no pressure, to do the best they can.

"With Chelsea the reactions are different. With me the reactions are different. Do you think if I push a
manager in the technical area that I don’t have a stadium ban? I would have a stadium ban.

So referees are not guilty, they want to do their best but clearly there are measures and there are ways
of reacting. In relation to me and my club there are different standards. It’s as simple as that and you
know that.

You want me to tell but you know that."

Mourinho - who has seen his Chelsea side fail to win two of their last five matches in all competitions - believes the introduction of video
technology would go some way to solving his gripes with officials, as he feels it would eliminate any excuses over decisions.

Goal.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching on Ẹ̀rìndínlógún (16 Cowrie Shells of the Orisa Tradition ) - Baba Odùdúwà

Why your IFA is not working after IFA initiation (Itẹlodu).