City Completes Bony Signing

City have completed the signing of
Wilfried Bony from Swansea City.
The 26-year-old striker has agreed terms on a four and a half year deal which will keep him at the Etihad Stadium until the end of the 2018/19 season.

He will wear the number 14 shirt.
Wilfried said of his move to the
champions: “It’s a great feeling for me, it’s a big honour to be here and it’s a great challenge.

“As a player it’s always good to be part of one of the biggest clubs in the world and it’s a good opportunity for me to be in that situation now – I’m really proud.

“I felt excited to wait for this moment and now it’s come, it’s fantastic.

“I think it’s a great decision for me –
Manchester City is in the Champions
League. You remember at the end of last season I said that if I want to move it will be to a team in the competition because it’s a great tournament that I really want
to play in and one that I want to win.

“It’s a motivation for me to give my
maximum to be in that place. City is a big club with great players with a lot of experience; I believe we can do it.”

Swansea City have criticised the Ivory Coast Football Federation for saying striker Wilfried Bony had completed his £28m transfer to Manchester City.

The Ivory Coast Football Federation
said “Bony has signed with Manchester City this Wednesday, 14 January.”

But a Swansea spokesman responded:
“The club has not confirmed anything and the Ivory Coast have no right to comment.”
The club added on Twitter that Bony “has NOT yet completed his move” and when he does, it will be confirmed “via official channels – not the Ivory Coast FA”.

The two clubs agreed a £28m deal for Bony at the weekend, with £25m cash up front and a further £3m in performance- related add-ons.

Bony joined Swansea for a club-record £12m from Vitesse Arnhem in 2013 and was the Premier League’s top scorer in 2014 with 20 goals.

He has scored nine times in 22
appearances this season.

BBC Sports

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching on Ẹ̀rìndínlógún (16 Cowrie Shells of the Orisa Tradition ) - Baba Odùdúwà

Why your IFA is not working after IFA initiation (Itẹlodu).