#bobbyliveson: A year remembrance of a great young babalawo


It was on Sunday, 30th of August 2015 2:31 am to be precise that iku  (death) did what he is good at by hitting his kumo (baton) on a great handsome babalawo, Elebuibon Ogunbiyi Boboola a.k.a  Ocha Ifa, Bobby.


It saddened my heart when Ifagbenusola Popoola( close friend of Ogunbiyi)  broke the heartbreaking news to me as I doubted him in the first instance because Ogunbiyi and I spoke on phone on the 29th of August  2015  asking him if he would come with his father (Araba Ifayemi Elebuibon) to a programme, Ewa ede (the beauty of Yoruba language ) in Abeokuta , Ogun state the following day . He said to me that he wasn't sure if he would come but he would tell me as soon as he decided not knowing that would be the last conversation I would had with him.

I even told ifagbenusola why would he crack such a hard "joke" that it was too expensive. He(ifagbenusola) said he died in a car accident on in his way back home from Oyo state, at that stage I had to believe him as tears upon tears flown away from my eyes.

I then asked myself intrapersonally "is this how people die?, why would death took Ogunbiyi untimely? to  mention a few. No wonder the mysteries surrounding death is so grave that people feel chill up to their spine at the mention of death, some even regard death as the great enemy, some even treat death as uncanny that require strong nerve to enter a cemetery at night while some have shown unmistakable tendency to push death aside,to eliminate it from life.
But what can one do from not dying?.  Nothing! because death is inevitable.

According to Ifa,  death is one of the first Ajoguns (evil forces) who descended to ikole Aye (earth) after the creation of the earth.
Ogunbiyi I don't know the reason why you died untimely but Olodumare  (Supreme Being ) knows.  If probably your death is a blessings to some, I don't know.  If it is because of the SINS you committed may Olodumare in his infinite mercies forgives you. If it is to save you from a future  Arun ( diseases) I don't have any idea or if you died by destiny which I probably think so, may you live long in your next world.

It is no doubt that I miss you, I could remember the first time we met in Oyo state at IFA HERITAGE INSTITUTE which you, myself, ifagbenusola and other acquaintances went to study Ifa for 2yrs. I could also recall back then that I was the youngest among you guys which led you guys  to give me a nick name "Awolenge" ( the youngest awo). Back then you showed love as a brother, helping me sometimes financially just to mention how philanthropy you were.
#bobbyliveson!. Yes you live on and forever live on. There's a Yoruba saying that goes " gbogbo nkan ti won nje ti won mu lorun ni ko ba won je o"  ( whatever they eat, drink in heaven make sure you eat, drink it with them). I believed you made it to Ogba Itero(garden of peace) and am glad to believe so.
Rest in peace my brother,  friend, "boss" and ......gosh, am out of words.
With love for your humble boy and friend, Fayemi Oyesanya  (Awolenge).


Sun re ooo...
Aboru Aboye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching on Ẹ̀rìndínlógún (16 Cowrie Shells of the Orisa Tradition ) - Baba Odùdúwà

Why your IFA is not working after IFA initiation (Itẹlodu).